I would be doomed to dieting failure if eating healthy had to be boring and bland. My spice-loving tastebuds couldn't take it if cutting down on the heat or seasoning was one of the hard-and-fast, healthy recipe rules. Luckily, I don't have to follow any hard-and-fast recipe rules and neither do you. If you don't like collard greens, substituting any other sort of green would totally work here with adjusted cooking times. In fact, I will definitely make this again using fresh spinach leaves if I have them around.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and finely diced (no larger than 1/2" dice)
- 1/2 small, red onion, chopped
- 1 small, fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small, green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups collard greens, stemmed and torn or cut into small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add your diced sweet potato to the pan. As well as possible, keep the diced sweet potato all in one layer to promote even cooking and browning.